x-active Communications Platform
Any vertical solution (industry solution) consists of basically the same functional layers. The lowest layer provides data transport using mobile networks and thus represents the physical layer. On top of this, the communications layer assures a safe connection and secure data communication between server and end devices. Next the middleware layer provides the reliable provision of user data to the customer application. Up to the applications layer, there is almost no difference between solutions for various verticals available today.
x-active follows exactly this approach by "standardizing" all layers below the application. Standard interfaces allow a straightforward communication to the application layer and hence can be used universally, independent of application or industry.
Using x-active and because of its "Software as a Service" (SaaS) approach, the typical investment into IT infrastructure is not needed.
Being an active software, x-active interrogates machines and devices whenever any information is required. Because it is active. Devices may of course send data or messages anytime also, like in the case of alerts. In order to keep monthly transmission costs as low as possible, all data is being transmitted in the most efficient way. Well suited for the national, important for the European and essential for the global market.
x-active provides ready-to-use all the functionality a M2M project will need. All needed components already exist - they only need to be linked into the system.
• SaaS solution for data integration of mobile devices and
sensors into existing IT networks
• supports mobile and fixed networks (DSL)
• true 2-way communication using GSM
• intermediate data and messaging buffer
• alarm indication initiated by devices (higher priority than normal messages)
• security features: authorisation and logging
• solutions for production and test
• auto discovery and auto provisioning of devices
• remote factory reset of devices
• low entry cost (SaaS solution)
• well documented standardized interface
• over-the-air software updates
• intermediate data buffering
• low mobile network charges due to highly efficient protocol
• secure, bi-directional data transmission
• configuration and production test routines supported
• supports various hard- and software platforms
Add'l applications options based on x-active
(eg. mini service center / tracking tracing)
• system status
• configurable monitoring cycles
• visualisation of data and trends
• display in maps
• management of escalations